[Freeswitch-users] mod_managed version

Ed Graves egravesvip at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 17:42:04 MSD 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to set-up FreeSWITCH with mod_managed in Windows for the first
time, using Visual Studio 2008.

According to the wiki instructions (
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_managed), Visual Studio 2008 must be
used, but I think this may be out-of-date because when I load the source
code for the latest version, 1.2.12, there is a project file called
freeswitch.2008.unsupported.

When I try to compile it, I get a bunch of errors, starting with:

Error 2 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdint.h': No such
file or directory
c:\Genesis\freeswitch\freeswitch-1.2.12\libs\openssl-1.0.0a\include\openssl\bio.h
73 libeay32

The company I'm working for uses VS 2008 for everything at the moment, so
it would be a bit inconvenient for them to upgrade to a later version of
Visual Studio, but not impossible.  So I'm wondering what people on this
list recommend;  is there an older FreeSWITCH version that I could use
where VS 2008 compiles properly and is supported, or is it just a better
idea to ask that we upgrade visual studio?

Thanks,
Ed