[Freeswitch-users] Debian repository out of date

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Sun Sep 8 03:52:01 MSD 2013

On 09/07/2013 04:16 PM, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Karl Schmidt <karl at xtronics.com> wrote:
>> My take is 286 packages is too many. Compare it to Apache - lots of complicated bits can be added
>> - but the package count isn't even close.
>
> Why is that too many? Being granular is a good thing.

I think you are missing my point - Debian will not accept 280 packages for freeswitch. Ask the
ftp-masters. The packaging system is not intended to provide fine-grained granularity.

Apache is quite granular - and still has a nice clean package set.  You might look how they use the
a2enmod to enable modules.

The granularity is already a function of /etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/modules.conf.xml

> Besides, you can
> usually install with one command anyway. I think it's a great thing
> and thank the maintainers for going to all the trouble.

I am quite thankful to the maintainers - and my advice is an attempt to help them get freeswitch
into Debian.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

As a bright friend explained as to why he doesn't watch any TV;
All we have is time - best not to waste it. kps