[Freeswitch-users] Event socket and Python

Sami Montour smontour at verizon.net
Sat Sep 7 20:45:47 MSD 2013

Sorry I misunderstood your post about testing with a closed port. Anyway, I
ran your script (port 8041) but didn't get a connection to FS, different
from what you received. I added an "else" statement to illustrate this point
and received "Not connected". I guess this is the expected behavior.

> python ib_esl.py
Not connected!

Here is the script I ran.

import ESL

# Establish an inbound connection to FreeSWITCH
con = ESL.ESLconnection("localhost","8041","ClueCon")

# set event command to receive all events
con.events("plain", "all");

if con.connected():
    print "Connected successfully!"
    e = con.recvEvent()