[Freeswitch-users] Fax transmissions drop second digit from phone number

Eric Michel em.kaput at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 18:11:27 MSD 2013

I have not been using hardware dtmf, only software.

I suppose it could be a regex problem, but wouldn't that apply to all calls
going through the dial plan?

Any ways here is what I've been using: <condition
field="destination_number" expression="^7(.+)$">
We dial "7" to call out.

Eric

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 8:51 AM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:

> Are you using hardware dtmf or no?  Sangoma support should be able to
> assist you with this issue.
>
> Mike
>
> On Sep 3, 2013, at 8:37 PM, CIO BMCM <cio at bmcrministries.org> wrote:
>
> > I've updated Freeswitch to Version 1.2.12+git~20130903T200814Z.  I've
> also updated my wanpipe drivers to version 7.0.5.  I'm using a Sagnoma A200
> card to connect to the POTS network.
> >
> > I have a phone/fax combo.  If I hand dial a number (eg 328-6820) on the
> phone it calls out fine.  If I dial that same number as a fax it doesn't
> work.  The logs show the number as 386820.  The second digit in the phone
> number gets dropped.  I've tried using a different FXS port, no dice.  I
> tried using a different fax machine, same problem.  If I plug the fax
> machine directly into the phone line and bypass our Freeswitch box it sends
> faxes just fine.
> >
> > If any one has any ideas I would like to hear them.  If you need more
> information (every one always needs more information) please let me know.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

*But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and
my deliverer; O Lord, make no tarrying.**  *Psalm 70:5