[Freeswitch-users] Running FS on a heavy loaded VMWare host

Hristo Benev foxb at abv.bg
Tue Sep 3 16:21:10 MSD 2013

Why to not over commit...

Actually it is simple and logical...

If you commit resources hypervisor will wait for those resources to be available before giving them to the VM.

I've already had a host that was sitting idle on CPU, but VMs were laggy.
After investigation it appeared to be over commiting of CPU

But as I mentioned earlier: Test your setup before putting it in production.