[Freeswitch-users] UK SIP Trunk providers

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 03:29:42 MSK 2013

Hi Richard,

This topic was discussed a few months back, you can read the thread here;

http://markmail.org/message/xdjhmpkzd7txndji#query:+page:1+mid:ncuirf776l5hjovc+state:results
http://freeswitch-users.2379917.n2.nabble.com/DID-providers-any-thoughts-jan-2013-tt7586851.html#none

Since my last post, our chosen UK providers are Magrathea and Simwood.

This inter-op was over a period of 6 months but based on low traffic
(<=500 calls a month), so others with higher throughput may wish to
chime in.

Magrathea - Over a period of one month, I've not had a single
problematic call, routing/quality is always good, and they seem to
have almost every dialing code possible for DIDs. I have not dealt
with their technical staff yet, but their sales people were friendly
and knowledgeable.

Simwood - Over a period of two months, I had 2 call routing issues to
international destinations and they are missing at least one number
range (Bournemouth). However it's worth noting that Simwood were very
quick to help, they identified the routing problem within 5 minutes of
me reporting it, and despite being a low profit customer they treated
us as a high priority. I've also spoken to numerous staff there, they
always come across as friendly and, more importantly, competent. I
would have no problem recommending Simwood to others.

For international routing - I'm still in the process of reviewing
TelServ and Flowroute, I'd like to use Voxbone but their min spend is
too high for us.

I cannot choose between Sim/Mag, they are both extremely good
companies - use both (redundancy is a good thing anyway!)

Cal