[Freeswitch-users] Delete unused voice mail files

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Tue Oct 29 00:23:56 MSK 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to find a good solution for distributed voice mail storage.

Multi-master database seems to work well for the metadata, but I have
yet to find an NFS based storage system that can do replication between
sites, with both systems in use.

I'm thinking of having a script fire after a message is left that will
replicated new messages to all other systems.  Since the filenames are
unique, there is no danger in replacing other files, but messages would
never be deleted.

Is there a way to have FreeSWITCH compare the list of messages in the
database with the voice mail directory and delete any files that are not
referenced, or is that better done externally by looking through the
database?

Likewise, if someone knows of some kind of NFS server that will
automatically copy or delete files to a mirrored system, that would be a
better solution.  The catch seems to be that I want to be able to read
or write to EITHER system in the pair.

Thanks!

-Tim