[Freeswitch-users] silence detection not working for record

Ali Pey alipey at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 03:25:24 MSK 2013

Hello,

I just wanted to provide an update in case anyone else ran into this
problem. The reason the silence detection was not working was that I hadn't
specified .wav at the end of the file name. So it was giving me this error:

*Can't detect silence on a native** recording.*

Which means you cannot detect silence on an encoded format because you
would have to
decode it to be able to detect the silence. If you want to detect silence
use a standard wav/pcm format.

I added .wav at the end of my file name and it is working now.

Regards,
Ali Pey