[Freeswitch-users] gateways testing DNS SRV records

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Thu Oct 24 21:13:34 MSD 2013

I'm trying to figure out a way to see if a freeswitch gateway respects SRV records.

I've been trying different sofia commands without finding the IP that it is using.

sofia_dig returns just the A records.

To be clear - let's say you are using example.com as your DID and have a gateway set up.

The provider should have SRV records so that there can be graceful failures.

To see the IPs to use - do

dig SRV _sip._upd.example.com

So my precise question is how to see the IP freeswitch is using for a gateway.  (I'm assuming that
freeswitch knows how to use SRV records?)

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

It’s no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.
Mark Twain