[Freeswitch-users] Cracking hangup_after_bridge for busy destinations

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Wed Oct 16 20:27:26 MSD 2013

Hi All,

I'm having issues with inbound call which bridges to an external SIP
handset, gets busy and then hangs up. All i want is for the A-leg not to
hang up when the bridge fails (/completes with result BUSY)

I am using ESL inbound and my event driven script will answer the call, set
the ringback to a UK tone, play 1 second of silence, then issue the bridge
as follows:

{ignore_early_media=true,continue_on_fail=true,park_after_bridge=true,hangup_after_bridge=false}sofia/external/
200010006 at sipserv.net

Once this has all gone through everything works correctly when the user is
available. When busy however the calling channel is ending the call rather
than returning to park. I had anticipated collecting the
CHANNEL_EXECUTE_COMPLETE event for the bridge command, reading
the variable_DIALSTATUS for "BUSY" and then playing busy tone but it is
just hanging up.

Is there a clean way to resolve this? Even if its just setting the
"busytone" equivalent of "ringback" that would probably do?

I'm using version 1.2.9 for this testing

Any help would be appreciated, maybe i'm just misunderstanding "the proper
way" to handle this event :)

Thanks,

Callum