[Freeswitch-users] Configuration with dynamic public IP

Martin Čmelík martin.cmelik at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 18:47:36 MSD 2013

Hi all,

I have very easy (easy for you :]) question.
Let me describe in short the setup.
FreeSWITCH installed on local network computer. No extra functions are
required, I will just install FS, create users in directory and then
need capability to make call with users inside same internal network,
as well as with clients on Internet which will be logged/registered on
same PBX.
External IP is changing in time, but my router have UPnP capability
and I also redirect all incoming traffic to this PBX. Users place
calls from mobile clients (Linphone).

I have two issues:
1] Internally everything works fine (from internal to internal). I
have problem with clients registered from Internet, who cant call
anyone else (mailbox, IVR, echo test, ... is OK). Error message in FS
states USER_NOT_REGISTERED and "Client busy" on side of caller. I try
couple of things/setup in vars.xml but still nothing helped me
(external_rtp_ip, external_sip_ip). Does anyone have working example?

2] Which is in relation with problem "1". External IP of my router is
changing with almost every restart of my router. Is there some
recommendation how FS can check, from time to time, current IP and
change setup accordingly? I can also write script which will check
current IP, rewrite config and restart FS if needed, but if something
already exist, why reinvent the wheel :]

If this is described already (I was unsuccessful on google), please
just send me a link.

Thank you very much!

—
Martin Čmelík