[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch + WebRTC + JsSIP + Chrome no audio

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 18:07:06 MSD 2013

STUN allows a client behind NAT to find the IP:port its packets are leaving
externally on so that it knows the location to tell the server (FreeSWITCH)
to send audio back to.

In short STUN is used at whichever end is using NAT (which could be none,
one or both).

If FreeSWITCH is on a public IP but your PC running Chrome is on NAT
(extremely likely) then Chrome still needs to use STUN.

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org