[Freeswitch-users] Conference Configure Multiple Prompts

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Thu Oct 3 18:04:54 MSD 2013

Hi All,

I am still having problems implementing a conference announcement where i
need to play two files in sequence. For clarity i want to play the joiners
(or leavers) name, followed by "has joined/left the conference".

I have tried channel variables in the conference XML. This works great for
a single file so i can play the name of the joiner/leaver to the conference
but not both files in sequence.

I have tried phrases as suggested by Michael but these are incompatible
with the conference XML (if i understand correctly). I also attempted to
use these with uuid_broadcast however that does not interrupt the
conference.

My most recent attempt has been to use the conference play API (i.e. "api
conference test play /usr/share/sounds/ConferenceJoined.wav async") where I
am having some success. The problem is that this configuration is awkward
because it won't play a set of files either and often due to suspected
timing issues one of the play events doesn't happen at all!

Overall i have to say that using channel variables in the XML for the enter
sound (<param name="enter-sound" value="${ConferenceJoinName}"/>) is the
only stable option but I really do need to be able to play two files if at
all possible. I have considered concatenating the audio files but this
doesn't seem like a clean solution.

Does anyone have any ideas for me to pursue?

Thanks,

Callum

______________________________

Callum Guy
Developer

X-on
Framlingham Technology Centre
Station Road, Framlingham,
Suffolk, IP13 9EZ

T       0333 332 0116
E       callum.guy at x-on.co.uk

X-on is a trading name of Storacall Technology Ltd a limited company
registered in England and Wales
Registered Office : Avaland House, 110 London Road, Apsley, Hemel
Hempstead, Herts, HP3 9SD
Company Registration No. 2578478

This email has been sent from X-on.The contents and attachments are
confidential to the sender and the intended addressees.If the message
is received by anyone other than the addressee please return the
message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message
from
your computer without copying or disclosing the contents to
anyone.Opinions, conclusions and statements of intent in this email
are those of
the sender and do not bind X-on unless confirmed by authorised
representatives independently of this message.While best endeavours
have
been taken to avoid transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility
of the recipient to scan for these.Please note emails sent to and from
X-on
are routinely monitored for record keeping and quality control, to
ensure regulatory compliance and prevent unauthorised use of our
systems.