[Freeswitch-users] RTP Audio Stream Initialise

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Tue Oct 1 18:23:09 MSD 2013

I'm calling in from a Linksys SPA941 and I will be the only user on the
FreeSWITCH server. I have been using tcpdump to capture my RTP traffic
using the following command:

tcpdump -i any -n dst portrange 10000-50000

I configured two test scripts as below:

*Script 1: Answer call, generate 1000ms silence (as above) and then record.
*
This showed a steady stream of UDP data throughout the call and resulted in
a recording.

*Script 2: Answer call, sleep for 1 second and then record. *
This showed a steady stream of UDP data throughout the call but resulted in
a blank recording.

This is interesting and indicates to me that there is probably something
that the FreeSWITCH file play operation is doing (even when its a silence
stream) that is not carried out by the record application. I would expect
that its unusual for a telephony application to want to answer and record
without any play operations first.

Thanks again,

Callum