[Freeswitch-users] No ringback for calls from cell phones

Siri MM sirimmfs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 04:00:12 MSD 2013

Hi,

I am using FreesWITCH with Sangoma 102 and E1 connection. When I make a
call from a fixed number to one of the internal extensions, ringback can be
heard on the fixed number. However, when I make a call from a cell phone,
although the internal extension rings, I cannot hear any ringing on the
cell phone. I have tried two different mobile phone operators, but the
result is the same. I have tried specifying the channel variables such as
ringback and transfer_ringback int he dialplan, but doesn't help.

Any pointers on how to debug this? Could it be the telco, in between the
cell phone operators and FS,  causing this?

Thanks!