[Freeswitch-users] Contact header in gateway invite

Remco van Vugt remconl87 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 12:09:55 MSK 2013

Hi,

I have the following issue: a carrier wants the A number in the contact
field i.e.: Contact: <sip:+31xxxxxxxxx at ip.ad.dr.ess;[add. params]>

I know; the contact is not up to the called party but they want it anyway.
I spent quite some time, and I found some earlier mailing list threads but
no answer that solves my particular problem.

I noticed that by setting the extension parameter in the gateway
configuration, this results in the desired header format. However, this is
not dynamic and therefore not the A number (freeswitch runs in a SBC
configuration, passing traffic in and out of the network). Is there any way
to either pass the extension= parameter from the dialplan or somehow change
the contact header?

Thanks,
Remco