[Freeswitch-users] Conference delay increasing over time

Erik M. Devane - Comms Guy emdevane at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 03:55:19 MSK 2013

Increasing the conference internal to 10 to 20 to 200 had no detectable
effect.

In order to improve timing, I rebuilt the server as Centos 6.4, building
from the tarball (git had some proxy-related issues).

[New issue on Linux]
I haven't been able to get mod_portaudio to give me more than two mono
inputs per M-Audio Delta 1010 card (though alsamixer and pa_devs seem
perfectly happy).

[Back to the original issue]
I reverted all RTP timer, flush, and other changes, back very close to the
default configuration.

Still I have a delay, still increases seconds per minute.

I explored moh but couldn't figure out how to have multiple playlists. If
this is possible, Id love to know how!

My best solution so far has been to have the first call bridge portaudio
and subsequent calls eavesdrop on that first bridged call. Latency is
almost as good as a single bridged call, and I have tested six
eavesdroppers with no ill effects.

Right now I'm going to:

1) Work out how to mute external caller's audio from the eavesdrop.

2) Learn lua enough to roll an eavesdropper onto the bridge when the first
caller hangs up.

It's not a satisfactory solution, but I'm out of ideas for the conference
lag unless anyone else can help, and I don't know how to do multiple MOH
instances.

Any help would be most appreciated - either on conference lag or moh or
eavesdrop mute.

Erik