[Freeswitch-users] LOL - What language should I use?

James Mortensen james.mortensen at synclio.com
Sat Nov 23 02:59:20 MSK 2013

All joking aside, it's clear that the author in the FreeSWITCH docs prefers
Lua.  It sounds like, hands down, Lua is the answer based on information
found here:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Which_scripting_language_should_I_use%3F

But why isn't Java in the list?  Is Lua the fastest scripting language when
only compared to Perl, Python, and JavaScript?  What types of results have
folks compiled from tests with mod_java?

I ask because this seems to be a bit of a hole in the docs.  Java is by far
one of the most widely used languages (although I personally prefer
something other than Java) so it seems that this should be covered too.

Hope this helps and thank you!

James