[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch Performance

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 03:30:14 MSK 2013

The quintessential "performance thread" =D

I don't know if anyone has compiled a collection of all the advice from the
previous years of threads but we tend to stay out of performance testing
discussions apart from a few tips.

1) Disable manage-presence on mod_sofia
2) Make sure the callflow you are calling is not too intensive.  Every type
of call consumes a variable amount of resources depending on what it does
in the dialplan.  The default dialplan has all kind of demo stuff in it so
its best to make a test extension and put it first in your xml context so
it does not needlessly execute all the demo stuff.

3) Windows is a very specific environment and there are less people using
it for feedback.  Compare results to Linux Debian 7 or equiv.

4) Try HEAD or latest 1.2.15 and compare to master branch.

5) Putting the core db into sql server is quite possibly slower than the
built-in sqlite.

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Andre <andretodd at verizon.net> wrote:

> Hi, I am testing out my FreeSWITCH  1.2.14 64 bit windows 8.1 on my
> Alienware Laptop with a very fast SSD and I7 processor with 8 GB DDR3 Ram.
>

> I have been using a pjsip test tool to test FreeSWITCH to see how it
> performs. Tell me if I’m wrong here, I believe if I sent “too many” calls
> to FreeSWITCH  that it queues up the calls and sooner or later uses all the
> memory on my PC then just stops working.  I do have the CPS sent to 1500
> for testing but I never hit that high, I hit about 200 CPS.
>

> The CDRs that save to my database show it takes about 8 seconds from start
> time to end time. It does start out only taking milliseconds then it
> progresses to the 8 second mark.
>

> The calls are just going to FreeSWITCH then I’m sending back a 503.
>

> I have every mod turned off, logging set to 0, Core db going to a SQL
> Server and I even set FreeSWITCH to real time.
>

> Can anyone give me advise on what I can do to get better performance?
> I’ve also tested it out on my real server but in about 3 minutes of 50 cps
> FreeSWITCH uses up 3gb of memory and stops responding.
>

> I’m at a loss here on what else to do.
>
> Andre

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II