[Freeswitch-users] Inband DTMF Woes

dotnetdub dotnetdub at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 02:03:31 MSK 2013

Hi List,

We are using a carrier who insists on sending DTMF INBAND.

I was using the start_dtmf application in my dialplan but this was
generating a lot of talk off.

I've switched to spandsp_start_dtmf application and this seems to work
without any issue.!

My next issue is that we have a customer who is using asterisk and an
IVR that ends up in the voicemail application.

Freeswitch seems to be stripping the 'BEEP' out of the RTP that the
voicemail application sends. It does it a bit randomly - and I
initally thought it was the spandsp start dtmf application. I've been
playing with the thresholds and twists etc but it doesn't improve.

I've captured the RTP and the leg from the asterisk PBX has the
voicemail 'BEEP' but the leg to the carrier doesn't.

I've done /event plain all when the server isn't busy to see if I can
spot something happening when the BEEP is in the RTP but nothing comes
up.

It doesn't seem to be the span dsp dtmf stuff causing this. I'm at a
bit of a loss.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian