[Freeswitch-users] How can I cancel a play_and_get_digits?

Dave R. Kompel drk at drkngs.net
Thu May 30 03:41:34 MSD 2013

You can't, at least from what I can tell. Look at the source code for it in mod_dptools. If you need this control over it you may want to implment DTMF buffers in your ESL app, from DTMF events, and do it all your self. The othe option you have is to write your own DialPaln app (scripting language or something) that can comunicate out of band via events to your ESL program, that you use for DTMF input.

What is your application? Maybe ESL isn't the right tool for the job. It seems like for some reason, everyone jumps to ESL as the only recomended and supported way of doing things external. It is NOT. The new book that should be available does a better job of clearing that up.

Can't wait for the new book to be released!!!!

--Dave
      _____