[Freeswitch-users] Transcoding issue (D150 card, 1.3.4.1 library)

Alan Scales alan.scales74 at gmail.com
Wed May 29 17:03:02 MSD 2013

Hello,

While setting up the environment needed to run the FreeSWITCH
mod_sangoma_codec module, I've ran into a sngtc_server issue.

For transcoding I'm using a D150 Sangoma transcoding card and the problem
appears while starting the sngtc_server. Before starting the server, the
card was configured with *sngtc_cfg*, and responded to pings.

The module *detection* works, the card receives a *reset* command, and
after the 20 seconds wait period, module *activation* fails with:

Error: cOCTVC1_MAIN_MSG_MODULE_CLEANUP_API_RESOURCE_CID failed, rc =
0x0a000301 (cOCTVC1_GENERIC_RC_API_INVALID_CMD_LENGTH)

After the failure, the procedure is repeated: { detect, reset, sleep,
activate, fail }

I suspect that the issue happens because of the fact that the *sngtc_server*and
*card* firmwares do not match. However, after stopping the server, the
firmware update (seems to be a downgrade) command also fails:

Module [00-0c-90-1b-4d-6f] Upgrading Firmware cur=[01.06.02-B4-PR] to
new=[01.04.03-B53-PR]
Error: cOCTVC1_MAIN_MSG_FILE_OPEN_CID failed, rc = 0x0a010210
(cOCTVC1_MAIN_RC_FILE_MAX_WRITE_BYTE_SIZE)

Regarding the logging, the only logs I've followed are in *
/var/log/sngtc_server.log*

Any hints on this matter would be highly appreciated, especially since it's
not really a FreeSWITCH issue.

Thank you,
Alan Scales