[Freeswitch-users] ESL using bridge app doesn't return which gateway was used

Clinton Goudie-Nice cgoudie at getjive.com
Fri May 24 03:22:03 MSD 2013

When you make a bridge command using esl, where you specify multiple
gateways or sip dials separated by or bars, you can't figure out which
gateway was used.

For example, if you bridge to something like this:

sofia/gateway/SBC-GW2/+18019600000|sofia/gateway/SBC-GW1/+18019600000

The call could be bridged to either GW2 or GW1.

When the CHANNEL_BRIDGE event is returned, you can see the original string
in variable_current_application_data, and you may be able to infer the
destination based on IP address, but nothing clearly says what gateway is
used.

If you turn on the all events firehose, you can see the CHANNEL_CREATE
event come over the socket, and it does contain variable_sip_gateway_name
with the actual name of the gateway, however I can't devise a way to access
that data using the org.freeswitch.esl.client library, and even if I could,
I still don't want all events for this system.

Is it possible to get this information returned in any meaningful way
through the ESL layer, either by an api command to query, or the setting of
a variable that will give me back which gateway a bridge was performed
through?

If none of that is possible, this sounds worthy of filing a bug to return
the variable_sip_gateway_name in the CHANNEL_BRIDGE event.

Thanks for the help,

Clint