[Freeswitch-users] Conference questions

Matthew Cordes cordes.matthew at gmail.com
Thu May 23 10:00:17 MSD 2013

Hi,

I'm new to FreeSwitch and starting to experiment with conferences. I've
browsed the wiki and I'm half way through the ebook and I'm running into a
few questions I'm hoping I might be able to get some help with.

1. How do I translate conference cli commands (e.g. "conference xxx mute
yyy") into a dialplan xml actions?

2. The default behavior of the conference is to disable hold music and
allow the participants to speak when there are two or more callers. How
might I  keep the conference on hold until a particular caller joins?
Additionally when this special user leaves I'd like to place the conference
back on hold.

3. Where might I find info regarding loading configuration information
(particularly the user directory) from an external source (probably a
database and probably via mod_python)?

4. I'd like to have some private conferences that only certain callers can
join. I'll know the callers' ids before hand. I'm assuming a reasonable way
to handle is with user groups. How would I test if a user is a member of a
particular group?

Thanks,
-Matt