[Freeswitch-users] One Way Audio

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Fri May 17 02:31:48 MSD 2013

Hi all,

First, I am on version: FreeSWITCH Version
1.2.5.3+git~20121219T035317Z~2b4aa48049 (git 2b4aa48 2012-12-19 03:53:17Z)
I hope to move to the Stable 1.2.9 this weekend.

I am having very reliable one way audio when calling Sprint Cell Phone
users, though not every time.  I got this reproducible on my phone, but by
the time I learned tcpdump command, it was working again.  However, the user
that reported it seems to get it almost everytime.

Helpful tidbits:

.         I THINK it happens in either direction.

.         For this person at his home, it appears to be every time (for now)

.         He reports calling (to or from) other Sprint Cell users results in
the same problem from our FS

.         It appears to only be true with Sprint Cell calls! (But my users
say that's not Sprints fault!)

Scenario:

I place a call from my Desk Cisco Phone (220) to his number 410493nnnn and
it rings, he answers, I can hear him crystal clear . he can't hear me at
all.  I had a theory that it worked after 30 seconds (on my cell), but that
does not hold true on his cell.

Here is the FS logfile:
http://www.bizfocused.com/Sean/fs_problem/freeswitch_no_audio_in.log.txt

And here is the tcpdump output:
http://www.bizfocused.com/Sean/fs_problem/dump.pcap.zip

Based on the small size of the file, I suspect someone is going to say "do
it again with this tcpdump command".  I welcome the education.

Anyway, any insight will be appreciated.

Sean