[Freeswitch-users] IP change detected -> no internal profile

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu May 16 09:08:39 MSD 2013

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Siri MM <sirimmfs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Ray,
>
> Thanks for the response. I agree that this is a strange scenario - there
> seems to be some problem with the DHCP server in the environmnet, because
> of which, after lease time expiry, it sometimes doesn't provide back the IP
> to the device. I assume this triggers a interface down scenario in the
> device, causing the  " loose ethX and FS to all available interfaces"
> scenario. I have a couple of questions though:
> 1. " loose ethX and you are binding FS to all available interfaces" - Is
> FS binding to available interfaces part configurable? Can I ask freeswitch
> not to bind to loop back interface if eth0 goes down?

I believe another poster mentioned setting the SIP profile param
'auto-restart' to false. Try that first.

> 2. Keeping in mind that this is a strange scenario, should FS still behave
> this way? I mean, once the device has got back the right IP, I wonder why
> the internal profile has not been loaded back?

This is indeed interesting. Does your ethX port actually get 127.0.0.1? Or
does Sofia just somehow end up on the lo interface? In any event, if you
disable the auto-restart feature it will prevent FS from bouncing over to
127.0.0.1.

-Michael

--
Michael S Collins