[Freeswitch-users] IP change detected -> no internal profile

info raimund.sacherer at logitravel.com
Wed May 15 12:19:03 MSD 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Siri MM < sirimmfs at gmail.com > wrote:

Hello All,

I am facing an issue with freeswitch installed on my device. For some reason, IP address on my device sometimes seems to be 'fluctuating' between the actual Static IP, and 127.0.0.1. Freeswitch is able to detect this change everytime, and reconfigure accordingly. However, during one such occassion, it hasn't brought up the internal profile, and isn't binding to port 5060. No other program uses this port on my device.

Working log:
http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/20912

Not-working log:
http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/20915

Would appreciate any inputs

Thanks!

Hi Siri,

I am a bit mystified as to how things are supposed to work if (how?) your IP get's switched between static and 127.0.0.1 (again, how?) This feels just wrong on so many levels :-)

127.0.0.1 normally is bound to the loopback interface, which, on linux, is called lo
your other IP should be bound to an eth0 interface, or an internal ip and and the static IP on a router with some sort of NAT or port redirection.
AFAIK linux should not allow you bind 127.0.0.1 to eth0 if it is allready bound to lo, so my best guess would be that you loose ethX and you are binding FS to all available interfaces...

Alas, I don't know how to answer, because even if there should be a problem bringing up the internal profile on such a "switch", my guess is that that's probably *not* the problem you should be looking to fix for right now.

Especially since, if somehow the IP really get's switched to 127.0.0.1, you will be talking only to yourself and I do not see how this should create a working setup (unless you use only an internal sip/(pri|bri) card or some USB channelbanks/gprs sticks, etc. and you only will be doing robocalls or automated IVR's ...

Well, sorry mate that I can't help you more, but this really is a strange szenario,

best regards,
Ray