[Freeswitch-users] DTMF Question/Issue

Ira Tessler ira at connectmevoice.com
Wed May 8 16:06:38 MSD 2013

I am having customer complaints that when they dial an outside conference
bridge systems, (e.g. Go To Meeting, etc) or outside IVRs, they are having
trouble with the remote system recognizing DTMF tones correctly (e.g. when
entering a PIN for a conference bridge). I put in a way in our system to
dial an outside number and bypass media for just that call. This seems to
resolve the issue, but it is annoying for our customers.

My question is how can I troubleshoot this issue? (I have looked at pcap's
and from what I can see FS is setting the DTMF correctly) What DTMF
settings in FS should I look at? Here is why I currently am using on my
external sip profile:

<param name="rfc2833-pt" value="101"/>
<param name="dtmf-type" value="rfc2833"/>
<param name="liberal-dtmf" value="true"/>
<param name="rtp-digit-delay" value="60"/>
<param name="manual-rtp-bugs" value="IGNORE_DTMF_DURATION"/>
<param name="rtp-rewrite-timestamps" value="false"/>

Thanks,

Ira Tessler
Lead Software Engineer
ConnectMe