[Freeswitch-users] How to retreive FreeSWITCH-IPv4 value ? (Julien Terrasson)

julien terrasson julien.terrasson at gmail.com
Sat May 4 11:55:31 MSD 2013

Hi Michael,

I'm actually using a single IP address. But i'm trying to think of an
architecture where multiple freeswitch would be in use, each of them
acting as user-controled recorders.
The reason i wanted to have the Freeswitch-IPv4 from the dialplan was
to be able to include it when defining the record name :

Ex : <FreeSWITCH-IPv4>-Record_<caller_id>_<sequence_nb>.wav

That way i can get the information of where the recording took place.
But in the end i used a workaround : i defined a server_id var in the vars.xml..
But anyway, thanks for the prompt feedback !
Have a nice week-end.

Julien
Julien,

"FreeSWITCH-IPv4" is not a channel variable. Rather, it is an event
header. Even so, I'm not sure that an individual event is necessarily
the best place from which to be extracting this value. What problem
are you trying to solve? Also, how many IP addresses do you have on
your system?

-MC