[Freeswitch-users] Retransmission resolves new ip address

Chris Martineau chris at ghosttelecom.com
Wed May 1 19:27:09 MSD 2013

Hi,
Have a scenario whereby FS sends an invite to another downstream sip server which is late replying and fs then sends a re-transmission, however fs then subsequently gets a reply.
The problem I have is that the downstream server is on a dns-srv roundrobin between 2 servers and the re-transmission is resolving a different server.
This seems to be causing the replies that have subsequently come in from the original server to just bounce until they timeout.
The re-transmission to the other server seems to carry on fine but sometimes generates a 482 merged call error.
The main effect is just messy call stats as I get strange 483 errors generated by fs for some reason internally for the first call and also a normal error or cdr for the re-transmitted part of the call.
If I set the downstream server to a fixed ip everything works fine.
Should the retransmission do a new dns lookup?
If it gets a new ip address should fs handle the dialog on the old ip address?
I may be just not setting something correctly but cannot find any references to this problem in any blogs, any ideas.
Many thanks
Chris