[Freeswitch-users] Updating FS to a particular version

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Mar 29 18:29:59 MSK 2013

FS will never overwrite existing configs in the conf directory. However,
you can be extra safe by backing up your conf directory, performing your
update, then restoring your conf directory.

As far as the non-standard "configure" script that will need to be backed
up as well. You'll need to restore that script after you run or re-run the
bootstrap.sh script. Same goes for modules.conf - back it up and restore it
after you run the modified configure script. In cases like this I recommend
that you write a simple shell script and add a few comments to it so that
the next time you do this in a few months you'll know not only what is
supposed to happen (shell script commands) but why (comments).

-MC

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Victor Chukalovskiy <
victor.chukalovskiy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What would be the right way to update existing system to a particular
> version?
>
> Under normal conditions I'd do "make current" Here I want exactly the
> same, but:
> -specify the version to install
> Making sure to:
> -preserve non-standard ./configure string used during initial install
> -make sure conf directory is not overwritten by stock config.
> -make sure modules.conf is not overwritten / changed
>
> It should be simple...but want to avoid trial and error. WiKi is
> somewhat confusing.
>
> Thank you,
> -Victor

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org