[Freeswitch-users] Calling extension using ruby

Amit Kumar findme at itsamit.com
Thu Mar 28 11:54:19 MSK 2013

I am trying to make an application that can initiate a call from the Web
app to a PSTN line. So when a user clicks on call, the PSTN line will ring,
and FS will play the text entered on the web app to the PSTN.

I am able to dial the PSTN from a SIP phone(Zoiper). I am also able to call
the PSTN line from the CLI, but I have no clue as to how to eliminate the
SIP Phone all together.

I can connect to FS using ESL, and send the command to initiate a call, but
since no user is registered without the SIP phone registering them, I am
not sure how to go ahead.

Any help is appreciated!