[Freeswitch-users] Error Creating SIP UA for profile: internal on OS X

Mario M Guzman mario_fs at mgtech.com
Tue Mar 26 22:52:16 MSK 2013

New issue since migrating to Mountain Lion, I verified its port 5060 that is the issue. But it's not as simple as you may think:

netstat, lsof, and the stroke utility,  all show clear ports and yet freeswitch could not start the internal profile. But then… wait 45-60 seconds before restarting freeswitch and it works. Works on 10.6 and 10.7, only an issue on 10.8.

I have a script http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_and_Setup_on_OS_X#Create_the_FreeSWITCH.E2.84.A2_Command_Script that uses netstat to test for sip on tcp and udp, It tests all things freeswitch uses, it starts freeswitch when all is clear. The script displays the ports (netstat) on terminal (if using terminal) and the console in case of this type of issue. I verified that before freeswitch is started netstat showed the exact same ports as after a reboot but before freeswitch was started. All was clear and yet internal won't start.

I tried a bunch of stuff:  Anyone with ideas/suggestions? I may have to contact Apple with a bug but would like a workaround first.

Driven Nuts Again,
Mario G