[Freeswitch-users] how many conferences?

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 01:01:26 MSK 2013

For a conference transcoding is *always* required, even when all callers are using the same codec.

Speaking members must have their audio decoded to L16 (raw audio), which can then be mixed, then encoded to send to all listeners. Mixing audio streams requires the raw audio so can't be done without transcoding.

Steve