[Freeswitch-users] How to generate message waiting dialtone with pots

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 19:43:23 MSK 2013

Hello everyone,

With some recent versions of FreeSWITCH I have been successful in
getting some of my configurations to work finally.

However, I still have a few remaining questions. The one I am trying to
figure out now is this:

With all of the POTS providers I have had, if there is a message waiting
on their system, you get a waivering dialtone and a flashing light (if
the phone supports it). I do not believe my board supports creating the
flashing light signal to the phone.

Can FreeSWITCH generate the waivering tone?

How would I go about configuring it? I imagine there would be a check on
voicemail to see if there are NEW messages and then setting some things
in the tone file.

I haven't a clue what any of those things are and would greatly
appreciate help.

Thank you,
Trever
--
"All this technology has somehow made you a stranger in your own land."
-- Robert M. Pirsig