[Freeswitch-users] External voicemail issue

Elliot Farmer elliotfarmer101 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 16:03:00 MSK 2013

Apologies, all to easy to hit send before the message is finished! What I
meant to say was....

With some help from the IRC channel (thanks everyone!) I've managed to get
pcaps of the calls, they sound fine and the max jitter is <7ms.

Setting *send_silence_when_idle *to true helped with the clipping but
didn't resolve it. I purchased a G729 codec license and this eliminated the
clipping but I'm still getting digital noise during silence after the vm
beep (this is without send silence on though)

I've extracted a call from the destination call recorder to illustrate the
problem, the digital noise is lost in the record but you can hear the
clipping https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5Bx5sEYH7abc0FObURFWm5HNzg/edit

At this stage I'm assuming its the Skype connect trunk and my next move is
to try another provider.

If anyone thinks otherwise let me know, I just thought I'd give an update
in case it is of any use to people facing the same issue in the future.