[Freeswitch-users] External voicemail issue

Yuriy Nasida nasida at live.ru
Tue Mar 19 16:10:29 MSK 2013

looked at your logs. Do you use loopback endpoint in your dialplan ? If yes, can you check without  this ?
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 12:37:47 +0000
From: elliotfarmer101 at gmail.com
To: freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] External voicemail issue

I've done some further testing and the issue appears to be isolated to the voicemail system.

To test I configured the inbound dialplan to play two wav files before transferring the call...

1) 8kz wav from wikipedia http://www.nch.com.au/acm/8kulaw.wav
2) /usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/en/us/callie/ivr/48000/ivr-you_are_number_one.wav

Both play fine, as soon as the call is transferred to voicemail (via extension 1000 that is not registered at the time) the quality drops and I start loosing speech.  I've tried preferring the PCMU codec within vars but I seem to have a lot of
"TRANSCODING_NECESSARY" messages, they are not isolated to the
voicemail steps however.

Has anyone got an idea where I can start to look? Any help would be much appreciated.