[Freeswitch-users] Removing echo.

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Tue Mar 19 16:10:29 MSK 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: freeswitch-users-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org
[mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Steve
Underwood
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 3:32 AM
To: FreeSWITCH Users Help
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] Removing echo.

On 03/19/2013 10:24 AM, Sean Devoy wrote:

> Hey Anthony,

> Does that mean PBXMate is not worth investigating?

> I have to disagree here. Placing the blame entirely on the phones at

> the other end doesn't hold water for me. I have had echo problems

> calling from my cell phone when leaving a voice mail on FS where there

> is no phone at the other end. So clearly there are situations where it

> ain't just the phone at the other end. It also leaves no explanation

> why Cisco Phones and Linksys ATAs don't have the same problem with

> Commercial Venders like Vonage. They don't have anything different at

> the end of the line for echo cancellation then FS does. I have also

> had users confirm they are still getting echo with the microphone

> MUTED on my end.

If you want to understand why a call from a cell phone to an FS server,
leaving a voice mail, might result in you hearing echo, you'll have to
describe the path between you and the FS server.

Cell Phone => Cell Carrier => ??  => Internet => Voip Provider => LAN => FS

Steve

 <mailto:consulting at freeswitch.org> consulting at freeswitch.org

 <http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

<>