[Freeswitch-users] Default vs Public context

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Tue Mar 19 15:01:55 MSK 2013

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 16:19:08 +1100
Siri MM <sirimmfs at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. create an extension under conf/directory/default/ - I ensure that
> user_context is default

You should probably include this entry.  Sanitize the data of sensitive
information.  We will assume that you are not really handing out "XXXX"
as a password.

> 2. create a dialplan for this extension under
> conf/dialplan/default.xml - just a simple bridge to the extension

Ditto.

> 3. log in from XLite as this extension, from a PC which is in the same
> subnet as FS server - dial another similar extension

I assume that this means that you are registering as this extension.

> FS processes this call in public context, and doesn't find the right
> dialplan

This sounds like it is not actually registered.  You can see if this is
the case in the command line interface (fs_cli) with this command:

sofia status profile internal reg

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net