[Freeswitch-users] Alternative Debian package builder

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
Fri Mar 15 23:27:38 MSK 2013

Hello,

I've recently released an alternative Debian package builder for FreeSWITCH.

https://github.com/foxx/freeswitch-debian

Although FreeSWITCH does already have suitable Debian packages (and a
builder), it might not be suitable for your needs (and in our specific use
case, we required an alternative approach).

Some of the reasons for this might be;

* Build your own packages with custom patches applied
* Your build system requires an easy to use, 1 command buider
* Building your own source packages from GIT for security reasons
* Have a single Debian package to install rather than 100+

It supports the following features;

* Uses 'get-packaged-orig-source' to fetch original source from FreeSWITCH
git
* Builds as non-native, all arch package using quilt 3.0 patching (in
accordance with Debian guidelines)
* Uses start-stop-daemon
* Uses pbuilder to ensure a clean build
* Creates 'freeswitch' system user and enforces permissions on FreeSWITCH
files
* Installs into /opt/freeswitch, rather than system dirs
* Removing/purging package will NOT remove data/logs dir or delete
'freeswitch' system user (in accordance with Debian guidelines)
* Enforces all necessary dependancies

Usage:

# Replace GIT_REF with the ref from GIT you wish to compile against
# Replace FS_VERSION with the version of FreeSWITCH we are compiling

$ apt-get install git
$ git clone https://github.com/foxx/freeswitch-debian.git
$ cd freeswitch-debian
$ GIT_REF=master FS_VERSION=1.3.16 make