[Freeswitch-users] Call Recording has poor sound quality

I put the Who? in Mishehu mishehu at freeswitch.org
Fri Mar 15 02:51:19 MSK 2013

On 03/14/2013 08:24 AM, Alex Lake wrote:
> Just started playing with call recording on Freeswitch
>
> Saving as WAV and the sound quality is really poor - very muffled and
> possibly chunks of sound missing.
>
> The actual call is using PCMA 8KHz.
> The recording is Wave PCM signed 16 bit, 8000 Hz, 256 kbps, stereo
>
> Any idea what's going on? Are there any CPU constraints?

When you use the recording functions, it will always transcode out to
slinear 16 bit to the native rate of the channel (in this case a sample
rate of 8000).  The question that I have is this - when you select
g711ulaw or another codec, do you end up with the same results as your
test with g711alaw?

Converting from g711alaw to slin16 should not be a CPU intensive conversion.

-Yossi