[Freeswitch-users] password for voicemail retrieval

I put the Who? in Mishehu mishehu at freeswitch.org
Fri Mar 15 02:41:47 MSK 2013

On 03/13/2013 10:20 AM, Archana Venugopan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone please tell me how to set password for voicemail retrieval
> for multiple users and how?

Once you actually have the records for the mailboxes into the databases
(whether sqlite or odbc), you can simply change passwords very easily
with an UPDATE SQL query.  However, you either need to populate the
voicemail databases somehow.  You can do so by many methods, one is to
set either individual XML files for each user in the given directory
profile, or you can use mod_xml_curl, or you can even script it and
populate the voicemail databases that way too.

If I'm not mistaken, the password set in the XML directory is only read
when the initial record is created in the database.  The table name you
need to look at is voicemail_prefs .

-Yossi