[Freeswitch-users] Change freeswitch.xml.fsxml path

G g.d.monnezza at tiscali.it
Wed Mar 13 16:37:09 MSK 2013

Hi guys. I'm planning to put FS on a Compact Flash system.

I read on docs that ./freeswitch/log/freeswitch.xml.fsxml file is the result of
parsing of various xml conf files and that it is the real "engine" file for FS
when it is running.
I also read to not modify this file while FS is running.

Usually I put all logs files in tmpfs volatile ram filesystem to avoid disk
space consuming and also limit CF write cycles.
Well, the problem is that I also usually delete each night all files from tmpfs
log directories because I need to avoid RAM saturation due to log files
In this scenario, also freeswitch.xml.fsxml will be deleted each night. This,
I understand, is not good ...
During compilation phases I found parameters to change the path where FS puts
.pid file or db files etc, but nothing about this file.

The question is: can anybody suggest a way to change the location of this file?
O can anybody ensure me that deleting this file while FS is running is not a
big deal?

Thanks a lot!!!
giuliano