[Freeswitch-users] Which scripting language to use?

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 17:47:33 MSK 2013

+1

On the client side over ESL it really isn't going to matter what other
people say. It's what's best for you with your experience and in your
use-case. And that can vary widely from a simple script to a daemon
handling 100000s of calls over ESL.

When scripts are run from within FS (not over ESL) then LUA is far more
lightweight which is why it's generally preferred there. It's probably also
better tested since more people use it. But you're still free to use the
others if they suit you better.

-Steve