[Freeswitch-users] Debian packaging - some questions

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 16:23:48 MSK 2013

> The answer to question 1 is it builds all modules, including ones you
> don't necessarily want, so you can install just the modules you want on
> your production machines to save disk space, etc.

This works best if you run your own local APT repository, sign the built
packages and upload them there. There's a few tools around for doing that
(reprepro mini-dinstall etc). Add it on the servers to sources.list and you
can easily distribute it to your production servers with the bonus that all
the servers are running the same build as you tested with.

There's an official one too but it's rather out of date (
http://files-sync.freeswitch.org/repo/deb/debian/)

-Steve