[Freeswitch-users] Bridge problem from outbound socket

Denis Gasparin denis.gasparin at edistar.com
Sat Mar 2 14:06:11 MSK 2013

Hi.

We call an extension called "netcat" which is configured in this way:

<extension name="netcat">
<condition field="context" expression="public"/>
<condition field="destination_number" expression="^netcat$">
<action application="log" data="INFO extension netcat"/>
<action application="socket" data="127.0.0.1:8085 async full"/>
</condition>
</extension>

The inbound call is correctly routed to a netcat socket listening on localhost:8085.

When I get the socket connect, I issue the following commands:

connect

sendmsg
call-command: execute
execute-app-name: answer

sendmsg
call-command: execute
execute-app-name: bridge
execute-app-arg: sofia/external/external_number at external_domain

The bridge is done correctly but the media stream is not bidirectional:

    • Aleg can listen Bleg
    • Bleg can speak but doesn't hear Aleg

The strange thing is that if I put on hold and unhold Aleg with:

sendmsg
call-command: execute
execute-app-name: hold
..

sendmsg
call-command: execute
execute-app-name: unhold

the media stream is recovered correctly: Aleg and Bleg can speak/listen each other.

I attach pastebin for completeness:

    • Freeswitch log: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/pastebin.php?dl=20656
    • Outbound socket log: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/pastebin.php?dl=20657

Thank you for your help.