[Freeswitch-users] CHANNEL_HOLD / UNHOLD events

Martyn Davies martyn at magiccow.co.uk
Fri Mar 1 19:06:08 MSK 2013

I'm using the event sockets to grab various bits of callstate, but
don't get much luck with hold/unhold.

If I switch on all events (event json all) so that I should be able to
see everything, then I still don't see CHANNEL_HOLD / UNHOLD events
when I issue uuid_hold commands for the call legs. I can see
CHANNEL_CALLSTATE (held/active), so I know that the hold is working.

However, if the client initiates the hold (such as switching between
calls on Zoiper) then I do see CHANNEL_HOLD/UNHOLD as well as the
CHANNEL_CALLSTATE (held/active).

Would you expect it to work this way?  I was rather hoping for
explicit messages in response to the uuid_hold command.

Regards,
Martyn