[Freeswitch-users] What am I looking for?

Mario M Guzman mario_fs at mgtech.com
Sat Jun 29 21:44:59 MSD 2013

Wow, that old KX-T61610 was what I converted from years ago. Those phones can work as a simple analog phone when you put the switch on the phone into "POWER OUT" mode (I forget the exact name), and you will need to wire them without the PBX. But…. they are only an analog 2 wire phone, there will be no features such as transfer, etc You could buy devices that will convert the phones to sip, but you will still have no features, caller ID will not even work. In the end you will spend a lot for very little. Look into inexpensive SIP phones, we just converted to a few Yealink T32s but there are cheaper ones (we actually converted most phones to iPads with Bria, they are used many things not just phones). If you are worried about not having ethernet to all locations they work great with wireless bridges.
Mario G