[Freeswitch-users] [Freeswitch-dev] Github and FreeSWITCH

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 02:19:09 MSD 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> I will investigate that... just wanted to make sure everyone was aware we
> use Jira and our wiki so we don't have fragmentation.

I understand the fragmentation argument. Any chance we can add to jira a
github URL field or something? is it acceptable to specify github URLs on
JIRA instead of patches? See for example:
http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-5561

I posted the github URL there in the description, but not sure if that's
acceptable. I believe it is better than keep updating patches (for the
cases where the patch must be updated to latest HEAD or just changed to fit
better with architecture, coding standards etc.)

Also allows more effective reviews or comments on specific commits. If
relying on github is a problem, could we try hosting gitlab or something?
if this is something that you guys agree with I could volunteer some time
to set it up etc.

Moy