[Freeswitch-users] Problem with rtp streams and stair-stepped (or ramped) increased lag

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Tue Jun 25 10:59:15 MSD 2013

It sounds like I saw  this on a home internet connection to a public server
when the connection had varying latency. Once the call jittered, it never
recovered.
My stop-gap was to add a small jitter
buffer<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Jitterbuffer>,
e.g. <action application="jitterbuffer" data="100:200:20"/> to the user
dialplan.
This *seemed *to make FS handle rewriting the timestamps for drift rather
than relying on the Linksys ATA to do that.

Probably the wrong solution, but all I had time/understanding for.
-Avi